Monday 5 December 2016

[album artwork] rough draft album design.

After the focus groups feedback and seeing the groups work, I began working away at my own designs. Here is a screen recording below of my progress.


And here is the front, which in the end i decided to not have any text as it didn't look very aesthetic, and what found in my research into similar products is that the Alt J album did the same, therefore it follows the genre conventions.


I have brail on the left and right which says cigarettes after sex which i think is a minimal and modern take to text on a album. Behind the bird I put the compilation of the faces which was for the back of the album but inverted. and then on the front I have the origami swan.

Here is the back cover - 



The back cover uses the compilation of the faces which I got from the video footage we had. Below this image we would have the text and the rights info etc. This is just a rough design of the back and front which is incomplete. Now I have created a theme I will try to delegate the task of inside elements of the digipack to the group.