Sunday 16 October 2016

main actress rehearsal.

The next rehearsal we did was for our main actress in the narrative. I had planned for the actress to sit up against a wall/or sofa and act out three stages, confusion and fear, there energy/soul being sucked out of them and finally them dying. As a group we described the scenario, which can be seen in the video below, of what the character would be going through, this would enable the actor to feel more confident in what they would have to do.

Before they acted it out, I thought it would make them more confident if I did it my self first, not only showing them what we where looking for but as well make them feel more comfortable as they would just be following my lead.



Here is some footage of my group explaining what we want the actor todo and explaining the overall scenario. Where the footage cuts is where I showed the actresses what we wanted.





Lottie's overall performance was really well done, but I felt a bit overacted. My philosophy with acting is that you have to live the moment rather then try to make it, and it is clear that here Lottie is trying to perform to what she thinks will look right on camera rather then feeling the true emotions.





While again Genny's performance is slightly overacted, her acting is much more natural and true to the character which I liked.

Overall, we decided we liked Genny’s performance, she gave it her all which we appreciated. As an actor/actress it can be intimidating to let your self play true emotions in front of a group of friends or people in general, however she did really well in my opinion. Lottie gave a good performance we didn’t believe her overall look would suite the performance, as Genny appears more Hollywood with her blonde hair.