Wednesday 23 March 2016

Editing [SESSION_5]

I look like I am having fun on the outside,
but on the inside I am crying 
So our deadline was creeping and is was time to get everything done. Pretty much we had a lot of problems and the only way to solve these problems where to go into it with pure immersion.
I had a lot to do. First I began by completing the van sequence, this needed to be super choppy and fast paced pulling the audience in and the only way to accomplish this was making it super frantic. 
Once I completed editing the van, I had to move onto the final bit with James. However, no matter what I did is was not fitting. I wanted there to be ups and downs throughout the piece as I was taking the audience on a journey, however the final bit just kind of bored me, as well made it a complete piece. 
My solution. How was I gonna turn this into an opening title sequence, rather than a short film. What I had to do was tell the audience less, so I would cut as the doors opened, so the audience know something bad is going to happen but they don't know what.
Here is 50 gigabytes of screen recordings sped up into a 5 minute clip.
In the clip it shows from start to finish what I did in the editing process of mine and my groups thriller.



Now I was cutting it close. The deadline was close, all I had to do was put in the final tweaks. The walkie-talkie voice overs and the colour grade. While the colour grade wasn't essential it was important to get that cinematic look and feel you see in hollywood blockbusters

In the last hour of editing I chose to cut Jame's part out, and then it was all over.
It was finished.