Wednesday 23 March 2016

Editing [SESSION_3]

Our third session we split up our piece. We had two different sequences, one for the VAN_CUT_1 and then another for JAME'S_CUT_1. Matt the dude suggested that we do this so we could complete one cut with ought everything getting overwhelming. As well he suggested we do this so we can finish the final bit with Jame's (our mafia dude), so we know how long to edit the van scene. Do to the splitting of the scenes this means we are going to have to speed up our editing process, so we can get both cuts looking pretty sick.

As we are editing this piece the more apparent it is becoming that my group are not clear on what the end product should look like. Alen and I are editing the piece, which Alen even though with previous experience is finding it difficult to cut it due the colours being so off between shots, that he doesn't find it right piecing them together. As well while cutting the van scene the audio is so hectic it has been difficult to cut it while trying to ignore the music. However now we have kinda found a flow. But we still haven't done much and my group is quite far behind. But don't worry I have my half term to make an art piece out of this.

Over half term, I began cutting it at 10 and finished at 4pm. I knew I was gonna blow my group away with what I had made of it. Saved it. Logged off and went to sleep. The product was finished. Go on the editing suites Monday with my group playback my piece and it looked... terrible. I don't know how this could of happened. It just looked like I stuck my log together, it was terrible. I couldn't do this project. I didn't know how to make something of it. I had failed as an editor.