Friday 18 November 2016

[album artwork] claudia's research into fonts.

I found some interesting font ideas that would work well with the photos on the album covers.


BAND:

I like this font as its clear, as well as being eye catching. I think that it works with the genre as it is subtly. However, I think that the font would need to be bolder as this title needs to stand out more than the bands name.


This font is cool. However, I think that it would work better if the genre of the band was Rock rather than Indie Rock. I like the way this title stands out, however. I also think that it would appeal more to our target audience than the other font as its clearer.



I think this font looks like a font that would more be used for a book title. This is due to it having a slanted and artistic like look to it. I think that we would want more of a block title that would represent the genre more.


I found that this title like the font before it was also a bit too artistic.




This font is my favourite out of all of them. This is due to the ease of it. The font is simple yet easy to read and works well for the genre.

ALBUM:

I thought this font was cool. I thought that it worked with the Indie part of the genre. I think that this font is unique. However, it reminds me of the Netflix writing. Therefore according to our target audience they would be likely to watch Netflix. Therefore, it takes away the originality effect.


I think this font would work really well with the bottom font of the Cigarettes After Sex, as the fonts aren't the same but work well together due to the look of them.


This font is original and cool. However, it does't work well with any of the other fonts.