Wednesday 14 September 2016

gesaffelstein_feedback

In this video you will see the feedback from my class and my teacher on my idea pitch for my gesaffelstein music video.

Here are the key points made by my teacher and my fellow students:
  • it's a unique idea however some students become lost as the story progressed.
  • the song is too repetitive and may loose viewers attention.
  • it is difficult to create a narrative music video with ought audiences loosing their attention.
  • try to implement the idea with other performances and pieces and to not keep it strictly narrative.

my reflection too the feedback:
All of the constructive criticism given above was playing on my mind through ought the creative process of coming up with this idea. However, I believe the complexity of this idea could not be just left to abstract imagery otherwise it would loose its message, therefore this idea would have to be developed into a stronger narrative or dropped. If the gesaffelstein song was used I believe I would have to cut it down, as it is true the music is way too repetitive, for example instead of beats being a regular 8 bars its 16, therefore the progression is gradual and adds to the difficulty of a narrative fulfilling a whole music video. The truth is I am a filmmaker and I would strive in making a narrative piece. However I do think this piece is missing with ought any vocal being present. Therefore to progress with this idea I believe I would need to have a different song in mind. A way of implementing a singer into the piece could be by projecting the artist onto the TV screens rather then cutting to a separate scene for the artist therefore not taking the audience out of the world we have created.