Monday 19 September 2016

first creative meeting.

(in order from left to right, myself, Georgia, Jess and Claudia)

A bit about the group -
Georgia is a very impressive actress who worked hard last year on a thriller in a group of just two and still got nominated in the Hurtwood Media Awards. Jess is also an actress, the two will be able to help direct the overall acting of the cast and be able to find the best actresses for our piece. Claudia is a very hard working person who last year for her thriller got an Award from the BFI (the video can be viewed here). I am very happy with my group and I am very excited to work with them, the only issue that I am worried about is that we are all friends, which may make things more difficult.


Yesterday we where introduced to our groups. In our first meeting we discussed all our ideas and we all agreed on our favourite elements. For any creative medium such as art, music, film etc. it is important for everyone involved to input some key elements to a piece, as any art piece is a reflection of oneself, the way someone views the world is determined by all past experiences therefore making it there own. Therefore this year I am very excited to be such a strong group with three very impressive women.

Our second meeting was our creative meeting. We began eliminating any bad ideas or ideas that would not be possible to create due to logistics or budget. In our creative meeting there was some conflict upon ideas, due to myself being very attached to my Gesaffelstein idea. I did not want to let go of a potentially very deep and though provoking piece. Therefore I made it somewhat difficult for the whole group to be able to decide on one strong idea initially. After a lot of discussion and persuasion. The group members came round to my idea. However, my idea needed to be heavily developed. After long discussion I made a compromise with Claudia to have a dancer within the piece.

So after a long think, I knew the piece couldn’t be just reliant on narrative as this is risky and I would be putting my whole group on the line. Therefore we would need some sort of narrative and performance. So the song would need to change.