Wednesday 16 December 2015

Matt (the dude)

Today Matt the man with mind and skills for film, came round are class, and we had to pitch him our ideas. So after making a crappy slideshow we were ready to present our idea. It was simple and easy. I knew he would love it.

So the first group went, now it was our turn. He slowly strolled to are table, with a grin on his face. Ashens sales mans hat was on. So I began, the arm movements were animated, the facial expressions were expressed, the vocals were dynamic. I was a don. After a glorious intense 34 seconds it was all over, we sat back quietly, waiting for the judgments. 

He hated it.

Ok, thats a bit extreme, but yeah he hated it. He loved that the idea was relevant to our society now, but it just wasnt an opening sequence. He didnt like the different locations, and he believed my schema (the way I view the world and make judgement and decision, on events I have lived in the past) was too American, and obviously we couldnt pull that off. 

So here we go, starting from day one again. Adam suggested that maybe the character could be waiting in a doctors waiting room. Which I kinda liked the idea but I had no clue how it would end, and how to make it an opening sequence.


It was time to go back to the writing board, and shoot out some new ideas.